Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 9 ~ Someone you wish you could meet


~If I could be where you are~

I have been longing for you ever since I knew how it was to long for someone. To many shooting stars, in birthday candles, fallen eyelashes, in dandelions and flower petals, I have wished for you. For you are out there somewhere, far away in time and place, but you are also here in my heart. Shakespeare said: Journeys end in lovers meeting. I cannot see you yet. The end for us is a long way ahead, but even now I am walking to you my love. Every day, every step, every beat of my heart, I know that the Lord is bringing me nearer to you. The road is long and sometimes I am weary. I long for you so much it feels like I am holding my breath. I long for you to be here, to be near, to be known. I can only dream you, and wish you and wait for you.

So patiently, I will wait . For I know - I am sure - every second of the wait will be worth it. I'll hold true to the promise I've made. For that promise is sacred and it is not in vain. I put my faith to the author of love, of this love, that He will see us through.

I will pray for you as I am waiting. I hope you will (pray) and are (waiting), too. 'Cause as I walk this road there are still many steps to take, many other paths to go through. As I dream of finding you, there are still other dreams to reach and destinies to be realized. For when I finally find you, I want to be ready. Ready to take on our destiny. God will lead us to that, in perfect time. And when that time comes, I know it will be grand and far-reaching than what I've ever dreamed of. Until then, I will be here, praying  and steadfastly waiting. I will keep on longing for you and wishing on stars and dandelions, until every wish comes true and I will finally meet you.


Yours and only yours, Evangeline~


"When shall these eyes behold, these arms be folded about thee?"
~Evangeline of Acadia (Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)

1 comment:

  1. Dear future brother-in-law,

    Food. That's the first thing you should know about winning her. She's small, but she eats a lot. Don't let her get hungry -- trust me, it could get ugly.

    The other stuff you could figure out on your own - just don't forget about food.

    Love,
    Someone who just saved you a lot of trouble

    ReplyDelete