Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 19 ~ Someone you judged by the first impression


To a 'Kuya'...

I still remember clearly the very first time I met you… You were so unlike any guy I've known back then. In the short time I came to know you, well, you were just wonderful in every way. Of course, I couldn't help but adore you. And I did, from that first time we were together, more so after the second time, and for some years after that even when I didn’t see you.  For me, you were the perfect guy, ideal in every way, and no one else came close. Of course, you were so out of my league, but that didn't stop me. Also you were older, and you lived far away, and you were just too wonderful. That was how I saw you, from the very first. Until it all changed.

Until you changed. I was astounded to have heard the news of what happened. It was unbelievable, incredibly so, that that could happen to you. Maybe to other guys, but not you. You were supposed to be perfect, or as close to it as anyone could come. You were beyond and above the other guys. And I hated you for proving me wrong.

I now realize just how wrong I was. But not about that, not about you. I was wrong to expect too much, to have put you on a pedestal when, of course, you were not perfect. No one is. You were just a guy, a good guy, who made a bad decision. Despite that, you are still all that I thought you were at first. You really didn’t change. You're still that guy that I knew who have all these amazing qualities. I know that now.

When I've realized all these, I felt bad for all the bad feelings and thoughts I had about you. I judged you harshly and I'm sorry for that. As I write this, I think of you as a lesson learned. And I'm happy that I've known you. Also, I am happy for you, whenever I see or hear about your life now. I really am. You've proven to be all that I thought you were - someone good and wonderful. I won't forget that.

I wish you and your family a happy life.

~~~
photo credit: Guitar_Man_I_by_subtlexshivers (deviantART.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment