Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 16 ~ Someone from your childhood


I've been blessed to have a wonderful childhood. Full of happiness, and love, and friendship. So I write to someone who had made me happy, and has given me love.. .the one who first showed me the joy of friendship…

my dear Ate Kay-kay,

I can't really remember now how we became friends. How it started. I guess through our moms since we were both 'faculty kids'. The farthest back I can recall is how I used to wait for you to come out of kindergarten class every afternoon while I was in my mom's classroom in the building in front of yours. Then we'll be off, playing and doing our stuff together. We were always together, playing either at your house or mine. It didn't matter 'cause both were home for me. Back then I could just easily say to my mom, "Don ako kila Ate Kaykay kakain."... and sleepovers were more than usual. It couldn't be counted the many times I've walked that short distance from my house to yours. It was like that for us. I have so many wonderful memories of those times.

You're only a year older but for me you have always been 'ATE Kay-kay'. In many ways you were like another sister. I remember that I would always hide behind your back when one of our classmates would tease me and surely you would make him stop. (You were so much taller than me, eh.) You were also there for me when I had to go through some of the painful medication I had to have for my heart condition back then. You shared so much with me, both toys and stuff, and also love and care. As young as we were, I knew we had something special. When I had to leave you when we moved away, I took that with me. And it's still with me until now. We've lived separate lives since then and years and years have passed, I still treasure our friendship. Whenever I look back, like I do now, it brings me a certain joy and a feeling of blessedness. For those golden days are really a great gift. I've had a wonderful childhood and you were a big part of that. When I grow old and gray, I have much to tell my kids and grandkids about how when I was young, life was good 'cause I had a great friend to share it with.

I'll be forever thankful for that and for you.

Love, Vanie




Day 16 of 30 Letters in 30 Days

1 comment:

  1. I remember "rosy cheeks" when walking home from their house. wahaha

    ReplyDelete