Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 21 ~ The friendliest person you knew*


*originally:  The friendliest person you knew in just one day. i couldn't think of anyone really worth the title so i chose to write this for the friendliest person i knew right form the very first day we met. here goes:


It was a Sunday morning when there was a knock on the door. I got out of bed, opened it, and there you were. It was destiny. Kismet. Fate. Serendipity... Later that night, you were sleeping beside me.


Ever dearest Jhai, my roomate. This is for you:

A piece of paper brought us together, one that had two letters and two numbers written on it: BA 39. But it was God really, for He knew that I needed someone like you in my life. I thank the Lord for you Glezel Mae Galenzoga. I'm truly blessed that I know you, the FRIENDLIEST person there is. I knew that right from the start.

The two us just sort of clicked together right away: we shared stories and pictures even that first night in Kalai, then ultimately pushing our beds together for comfort in sleeping in a strange new place. And of course I remember that parade on the first official school day, you carted me around like a little sister, introducing me to your friends.  You're just that way, kind and generous, thoughtful. You showed me that in those first days I knew you, until the very end of our year together . You were the best roommate and a most wonderful friend. You have a big heart, as big as you are, maybe even more.  And you are truly beautiful Jhai, inside and out. You've touched and blessed my life from that first day I met you, through every day we had in our little room and beyond that. It is truly exceptional to have shared much with you and more so to be your friend.  For in the countless friends that you have, being who you are, I am  really glad to be counted as one.

Love always, Your Bonita




Day 21 of 30 Letters in 30 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment