Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 1 ~ Your Bestfriend.

~ Pieces of Me (Ashlee Simpson)


My sweet-hot-chocolate friend,

I can’t remember exactly how we started…how you became important to me…how I came to love you as much as I do now. But I know exactly why. Because you're you…you're kind and gentle and generous, you love and care deeply, you’re steadfast… you’re the best kind of friend there is. You're the bestest, sweetest, chocolatiest friend I've ever had. And I love you, not just for these things, but because I just do.

A thousand memories pass through my mind as I write this letter: good times with you back in high school (mostly I remember our many food trips), our frequent drama moments (remember when we cried in the CR?), our shared diary (wonder what happened to that), sleepovers, doing projects & the school news paper, then our gimiks during college, Valentine's date (the best one I had so far), and many more precious memories. Its been ten years since I've first known you. Can you believe it? It's amazing to see how far we've come...and yet nothing's really changed. We're still here, still friends. I thank God for that with every bit of my heart. I thank God for you. And I thank you…for being who you are in my life: bestfriend, confidante, my bite of reality, my favorite letter-writer, my chocolate-giver, sister of my soul. You're every one of these and more. No wonder I love you.

We share a special kind of closeness, you and I. A closeness that doesn't really depend on talking constantly, being together all the time and sharing every little thing. It comes from knowing that despite time and distance, there's that assurance that you're just on the other side, holding strong and steadfast to the promise of friendship and love. And though we don’t talk as much and we see each other less often, I know you’re still there and that you love me the same. You're one-liner texts that just seem to pop-up reminds me of that..."I miss you...", "Take care Princessini.", "I love you Baninoy." And you've also told me many times before, that you love me "kahit na matakaw at maingay" ako, and even when I'm uber corny and a little bit crazy. You take care of me in your own way and you worry about me. I'm really, truly, totally, unquestionably, utterly blessed to have you in my life. Someone who knows and loves all the pieces of me. And I love you, too, every bit of you. I can’t tell you that enough. So I'll just keep on telling you, 'cause I know we're gonna be here for a long time yet.

Lots of corny and crazy love from me to you...

Your Princessini Baninoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment