Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 3 ~ Your Parents

to the best people in the world: Papa and Mama, 


That God gave me to you to be your daughter is one of the greatest proof that He truly loves me. Having you two is truly an unsurpassed blessing in my life. For you are the best kind of parents that anyone could ask for. I hope you know that Papa and Mama. If not, let me tell you...


Papa, you are and will always be the best man in my life. I love the way you are strong as you are gentle. You make me feel safe and so secure, even when I am far away from you. Just knowing that you'll always be there whatever happens. You are my hero. 
I love how you make us laugh all the time, you're teasing & pangungulit. Some of my favorite memories are that of happy times at our dinner table where we tell jokes to each other. Yours are always the best and I still laugh no matter how many times I've heard it before. I've grown up with joy and laughter and I have you to thank for that. And more than the laughter, you've taught me how to be the best I can be: good and honest and Christ-like in every way, just as you are. You are my inspiration and my guide.


♥ Mama, you are truly the most beautiful woman I know, inside and out. More beautiful than all the roses that you can grow. The way you love me is indescribable. It is the most amazing thing in this world. When I'm hurt, from painful needles or broken hearts, you ease my pain. When I'm afraid, of imaginary monsters or the challenges I have to face, you are there, holding my hand, not letting me be afraid alone. In your arms I've always found the best kind of comfort there is. Where you are there is always warmth and tenderness. You will always be my light.


I am so proud to be called yours. Nothing really compares to the feeling of knowing for sure, without even a single doubt, that I am always loved... and that you two are behind me no matter what happens. I am truly blessed. I cannot stop thanking the Lord for you... and I can't thank you enough. For all that you have done and given to me cannot be measured in anyway, if at all. I am just in awe of how you've always held me, through your love and prayers, even through the times that I have caused you pain and sorrow. I'm so sorry for the times I have failed and disappointed you. And I just want to thank you from my heart for your love that is unconditional and some times undeserved. Your love will always be my strength and inspiration. I may not believe and trust in myself some times, but the way you do keeps me going. For all that, all I can say is these insufficient words: Thank you. And I will keep on going, until we will overcome. I will try my best to live up to the things you have taught me... and to the name you have given me. With God's grace and through your love and support, I will make you proud of me, the way I am proud to be your daughter, your Evangeline - your bearer of good news.


I love you Papa Brix and Mama Bing, very very much...


Always,
your Evangeline.


p.s. Every day with you has been the best day of my life...


Day 3 of 30 Letters in 30 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment