Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 10 ~ Someone you don’t talk to as much as you’d like to


My dearest Big Little Sister,

I wish I could talk to you everyday. Facebook, YM and unlimited call can only do so much. Looking back on the years since I've known you and claimed you to be my sister, all we ever really do together is talk. Despite our busy and separate lives we always find the chance to sit down and chat... We talk over coffee at our favorite place... We talk late into the night when everyone else has gone... We talk whenever we can, even on ferris wheel rides. That's just how we are. 
I couldn't count all the hours of heart-to-heart conversations we've had. Heart to heart, that is exactly right. For you are the sister of my heart. Though we are different in many ways: I'm sanguine, your melancholic; you love green, I love red; you're tall and let's just say I'm not; you straighten your hair, I have mine curled; also I have long hair, yours is short; I'm girly, you not so much; and what else? We two are a study in contrasts. But in the things that are important, things that last, we are exactly alike. And that's why I love talking with you, about everything and anything… but mostly about matters of the heart. I could just pour out my heart to you every time, without any fear. You not only listen to me gab and gab about my love life, but you understand. Sometimes more than I do. You give answers to questions and you give comfort. I don't know what I would do without you. I hope I wouldn’t have to know. 'Cause I've got you here, close to me, despite the miles between us. I'm truly blessed and really glad for that. I'm very lucky to have you in my life, sissy.

I miss you all the time. I really wish we're together more often. But maybe we won't have much to talk about if we're always together. Well, I doubt it. No matter what happens, no matter where we are, I'm sure that we will always have something to talk about.

It's true we don't talk as much as I'd like, but I hope I've told you this enough: I love you my Lisatot. 
Talk to you soon.

Always, your Little Big Sister




No comments:

Post a Comment