Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 2 ~ Your Crush

You're perfect for me, why aren't you here tonight?
~Hey Stephen (Taylor Swift) 
Hey You,

You don’t know it, but I'm your biggest fan. It certainly didn’t start out that way. When we met, you were just another guy, just a friend. But just a year after, I found myself thinking that you're just… wonderful. It's been a while since I realized that, that you were wonderful and amazing. I can even tell you how long it's been actually. I've been counting, you see. 'Cause I know exactly the moment when I began to see you as more than just a guy, more than a friend. You'd laugh if you knew when. From that time on, you've been slowly creeping your way into my heart. And so here we are: me, writing this letter and you, having no clue. I wonder if you'd know it’s for you… wonder  if you'll realize just how much you meant to me… how you made me smile… how I loved being with you, just you sitting beside me, sometimes just silently. I loved best our late nights together,  listening to music I pretended to like just because you did (I'm kidding. I did like them, most of them anyway), sharing cold, sweet drinks to thwart the summer heat. How I loved those times. I think I had a theme song for every one of those days. Yeah, some of them were even songs I learned from you. I was giddy and half in love. I wished everyday that that summer wouldn't have to end.  But just like most good things, it had to end.

 I miss you these days. You still manage to make me smile even when you’re not around. You’re just special that way. My heart still jumps a little whenever I hear your name. And yes, I'm still you’re biggest fan. Though you'll never know that. I'll keep it a secret, just how I'll always keep that special summer we had in my heart. Maybe we'll never be together like we were before. But, hey, we'll always have that summer.

So I guess I'll see you around.

Always hoping, 
Me 


No comments:

Post a Comment